Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day two: Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Disclaimer...I'm not tech savy, so bear with me. I cannot seam to get the pictures to integrate with the text from my phone. Some posts may have the pictures at the end.

Still traveling...
   We had a two hour layover in Oslo followed by a 2 hr flight to London. We finally arrived at the hotel about 3pm.  London is 5 hours ahead of Savannah.
    We didn't have any trouble checking in. Both of us were surprised with our hotel...in a good way. We were expecting a room the size of a cruise ship but it is moderately larger. I remember the plugs in England have switches to turn the electricity on and off, however our hotel uses our room key to turn it on...took us a good minute to figure that out.

Our hotel is in Kensington near Kensington Palace. We have a lot of major shopping around us. Alan commented that it is too bad we only brought backpacks, so no room for extras. My rebuttal. ..there is a post office across the street from the hotel! Dinner was quintessential British cuisine at a pub. Alan had a venison meat pie and I had a chicken meat pie. Both were very good. We called it an early night as we had been traveling for almost 24 hours! Let the fun and exploring begin tomorrow!


The card slot to keep the electricity on.

No comments:

Post a Comment