Sooo...We may have hit the ground running a little too hard. Today was a very lazy day. I was sore from all the walking but Alan's bad ankle was giving him some trouble. Good thing we brought good meds!
One thing I have noticed about Londoners...their workday is short (10am to 5pm). Most stores open at 10am (not uncommon for the US) but are closed by 5pm. That makes me feel like a workaholic.
I got to try a scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam. The scones here are not as sweet as at home. They are more biscuit-like. Clotted cream is similar to butter but has more of a whipped cream taste. It was so good! For dinner, we decided to change things up and eat Korean food. I was still full from my scone, so I had some fried dumplings and beef rolled in rice paper. Alan had Korean BBQ beef in lettuce wraps. Alan's food was definately better than mine. Following dinner, Alan wanted to do the British thing and try a pint of Guiness. He said he enjoyed it more than he thought he would. Still smells terrible to meď
The highlight of the day was seeing Wicked! What an amazing show! I don't know what else to say...just amazing.
Tomorrow is our final day in London. Next on the agenda is Paris.
No comments:
Post a Comment