This is a much anticipated trip. After returning home from our 2009 road trip, Alan and I started dreaming about our next great travel adventure. Starting a new job, purchasing a home, and a monumental student loan were all valid reasons for postponing our next great adventure. When I graduated vet school, I told Alan that my reward for paying off my student loan would be a trip to Europe. I didn't care where we went, just that we went together and celebrated paying a loan greater than my home mortgage. August 2014 was when the final payment of $0.17 was made! From that moment, Europe became more of a reality. We are both extremely thankful and blessed to have such wonderful bosses to allow us to plan a three week vacation. The trip has taken on multiple forms until we finally stopped brainstorming and started booking.
Here are the details of the trip:
We leave Tuesday, March 3 and return Wednesday, March 25. We travel from Savannah to New York (JFK), JFK to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Oslo. We will arrive in Oslo on Wednesday, March 4. From Oslo, we travel to London. I am a little nervous about our layover in Amsterdam. We only have a 55 minute layover and have to go through Passport Control.
Our Schedule:
London, UK March 4-7
Paris, France March 7-11
Florence, Italy March 11-13
Rome, Italy March 13-18
Valencia, Spain March 18-20
Barcelona, Spain March 20-21
Oslo, Norway March 21-24
Savannah, GA, March 25

So, the budget airlines within Europe have cheap tickets, but the charge for a checked bag is almost the same cost as the ticket. As a result, Alan and I are only taking carry-on luggage. Unfortunately, the carry-on sizes in Europe are much smaller than in the USA. In order to fit those guidelines, we are taking backpacks. It has been quite the feat to find backpacks small enough to fit the guidelines but large enough to take the necessary items for three weeks! Needless to say, laundry detergent is among the items packed.
My phone will be working if there is an emergency, however calls and text messages come with a cost. If you would like to contact us, please email:
Jennifer.torrescano@gmail.com or
alant1982@yahoo.com
Thank you to everyone who has made this trip possible. We are extremely grateful. Please follow along with us. I will post updates as we go (based on free wifi).
No comments:
Post a Comment